You may refer yourself or be referred by a GP, psychiatrist, paediatrician or other health professional.

In order to receive a funded service, you need to have been diagnosed with an eating disorder and to have a Mental Health Care Plan from your GP.

Regardless of how you are referred, you will need to link in with a GP while you are having treatment. The GP will need to provide a Mental Health Care Plan and to see you regularly (weekly, fortnightly or monthly depending on physical condition) for medical monitoring, so if you don’t have a regular GP we will help you find someone suitable.  You should also expect to be linked in with other health professionals as relevant to your health care needs e.g. psychiatrist, paediatrician, dietitian.

Please email (preferred option) referrals to

Referrals may also be faxed to 02 66217584, posted PO Box 961, Lismore NSW 2480, or bought to the first appointment.